Makies Forums

‹ Makies Blog

Makies in Selfridges from 5th August!

jen

Staff

807 Posts

A series of brand new Limited Edition Makies, plus a brand new Makies Gift Box, are headed for Selfridges this holiday season!

You may have caught glimpses of these fabulous four in our snaps over the past couple of weeks… they're our Limited Edition Makies Fashion Mavens: Tesla, Curie, Ada and Hopper. You're very likely to see their friendly faces in our upcoming Makies game, too. Gosh, we had fun (and still are!) making these beautiful little fashion gurus. They're fashionably dressed to the nines in exclusive outfits, with faceups, eyelashes and accessories too. The series is limited to just 1000 dolls, and each one comes with a specially designed and numbered Certificate of Creation.

We'll spill more beans about the Limited Edition series as we get closer to the 5th of August, when you'll be able to see them ‘in the flesh’ in our little pitch in the Oxford Street Selfridges
store. What can you tell about them so far? smile

Also on Selfridges shelves on the 5th: this pretty little box holds a £99 Makies gift card, all ready to be wrapped up for someone special so they can create their very own Makie. They'll NEVER GUESS what's in this box! We've included a flummoxing device to thwart curious gift shakers. smile

We're beyond excited about this, and can't wait to show you more. Soon…

25 Jul, 2013 11:34

Here since 29th Oct. '12

443 Posts

smile this is such good news! Really interested to know more about the limited edition Makies. Are they the mascots of the games? Owh they are all so cute!

Gift box looks cool, a little big for just a £99 voucher though? This flummoxing device in which you speak, I'm thinking maybe some kind of exclusive accessory?

25 Jul, 2013 11:48

jen

Staff

807 Posts

iammarti
smile this is such good news! Really interested to know more about the limited edition Makies. Are they the mascots of the games? Owh they are all so cute!

Glad you like them! Not mascots - more like pals.

iammarti
Gift box looks cool, a little big for just a £99 voucher though?
Haha, it does look like a big box in that pic. Nope, it's ickle. 10 cm square and 4.5 deep.

iammarti
This flummoxing device in which you speak, I'm thinking maybe some kind of exclusive accessory?
The only goodie in the box is the card, but the flummoxer is really cool. It's part of the packaging design.

25 Jul, 2013 11:58

Here since 19th March '13

785 Posts

Aww now I'm even more envious of the lucky ones who went to the meet and caught a glimpse of these lovelies. They're adorable smile

Especially love the one with the black hair and glasses (is that Ada?) So cute smile

It's so sweet how they're all holding hands in that photo. Can't wait to hear more.

25 Jul, 2013 12:23

Staff

382 Posts

Can you figure out who the four are named for? Some are obvious. One less so…maybe…

25 Jul, 2013 12:41

785 Posts

Nikola Tesla… Marie Curie… Ummm… Sorry the last two escape me… smile

25 Jul, 2013 12:48

Here since 27th Oct. '12

183 Posts

Is Ada, Ada Lovelace (the english mathematician and worlds first computer programmer)?
Not sure about Hopper though…. Hmmmm

25 Jul, 2013 13:06

Here since 17th July '12

677 Posts

Hmm… wonder if it is possible to include a tiny little 3d makie doll doll in that box? That would make it even more of a shake-guess-proof pressie! smile

25 Jul, 2013 13:10

785 Posts

vickiilocky913
Is Ada, Ada Lovelace (the english mathematician and worlds first computer programmer)?
Not sure about Hopper though…. Hmmmm

Oh I never would have gotten that. Hopper has got me stumped too… Is it Grace Hopper? Stab in the dark with that one (and a little google help because couldn't remember her first name lol smile)

25 Jul, 2013 13:26

jen

Staff

807 Posts

Michelle: Sadly not, although we love that idea. smile

25 Jul, 2013 13:28

Sign in to reply.